Network Errors are common in PS5. There have been a lot of them recently and people are definitely mad at these frustrating errors. The PS5 console is rather new so, these errors have been quite rampant as well.
Most of the Network errors boil down to common reasons such as the unavailability of the PSN server, problem in the ISP or the end-user side, and some issues with the ethernet cable and the router. So, anyway today we are dealing with NW-102650-4 which is yet another network-related error in the PS5.
What is PS5 Error Code NW-102417-5?
PS5 Error Code NW-102417-5 is a network bug that happens when you are trying to play a multiplayer game online. It can also occur when you try to access the PSN page.
Fixes for the PS5 Error Code NW-102417-5
So, how do you fix this error code? Well, there are a few ways of doing it.
Fix 1 – Check the PSN Site
For checking the PSN site, go to the PSN service status page and see if there are any problems with it. If you see a problem there, wait for the fix. The fix usually comes with a system update for your PS5 so, update it to the latest version and you should be fine.
A power cycle is a process of restarting an electronic device by draining all the power out of it and then giving it power again. It is different from restarting because restarting is quick. Power Cycles are a bit slow. Follow the steps below to Power Cycle your router:
- Turn your router off completely.
- Remove the power cable from the socket.
- Leave it in this state for 10 minutes and now plug it back in again.
Similarly, you can power cycle your PS5 as below:
- Turn off your PS5 by holding the power button on the console for at least 10 seconds or, just turn it off from the main screen of the console.
- Unplug all the power from it and then again click on the power button. This will drain all the extra current from the console.
- Since the PS5 is a big device, you need to wait around 20 minutes before it is totally drained.
- After this, restart the console.
- You now have fixed the network issue on the console.
Fix 3 – Change DNS
You can easily change the DNS settings on your PS5 by following the steps below:
- Go to Settings > Network Settings.
- Press X on Set Up Internet Connection.
- Click on the Network that you are using.
- Now, click on Advanced Settings > DNS Settings >Manual.
- Enter any DNS you like (We recommend the Google Public DNS).
- Now, Press X on the OK button to save all the changes.
- Restart your PS5 and your error should be fixed.
Fix 4- Update Router Firmware
Different routers have different ways to update their firmware so, it is impossible to cover all of them. But the general way to update the router firmware is:
- Visit the login page of your router and sign in.
- Look for the Software Update option and update it.
If this doesn’t work, contact your router vendor and ask them for an update.
Fix 5 – Contact ISP
If the fixes above do not work for you, the only way to fix the NW-102417-5 error is to contact your Internet Service Provider. See what the problem is there at their end. You can also ask them to open some TCP and UDP ports as below:
- TCP: 80, 443, 3478, 3479
- UDP: 3478, 3479, 49152 ~ 65535
The NW-102417-5 error code is an easily fixable network issue that can be fixed with the fixes we have discussed here. The error is pretty common in the PS5 systems and the fixes are also very easy. Just follow the 5 solutions we provided above and you will be fine!
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Is Power Cycle safe?
A. Yes, Power Cycling your electronic devices is completely safe if you do it right.
Q. Is the NW-102417-5 error code fixable?
A. Definitely. It is a common network-related problem that can be fixed without any doubt.
Q. How much time does it take to fix the PSN Servers?
A. Normally, Sony fixes the servers from anywhere between a couple of hours to a day or two.
Q. What are some common ISP problems?
A. Network Congestion, Faulty Cables in the Cable Poles, Bandwidth allocation problems, and more.
Q. How much time does update your router firmware take?
A. Firmware size on a Router is just a couple of MBs at best so, it will not take much time to install it.